Bloomfield Hills Trucking Accident Attorney Represents Injured Victims
Oakland County firm takes on commercial vehicle operators and owners
Commercial motor vehicles are a necessary part of our everyday lives. We encounter big rigs and other commercial vehicles every day. These trucks have been an essential part of our economy, moving goods from place to place and making sure our communities have the resources to exist. Unfortunately, these vehicles can also be very dangerous to people. At The Joseph Dedvukaj Firm, P.C. in Bloomfield Hills, we have represented truck accident victims throughout Michigan for more than 25 years. No matter what led up to your collision, our attorney will give you honest counsel regarding your legal options and fight to maximize the payment you receive from your insurance company and any other party who might be legally liable for your injury.
Common causes of Michigan truck collisions
According to The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the following factors are the most frequent contributors to truck accidents:
- Traffic offenses such as red-light violations, tailgating and failure to yield
- Braking problems
- Heavy traffic and sudden stops
- Prescription drug use by commercial vehicle operators
- Speeding or traveling too fast for the particular conditions
- Lack of familiarity with the location
- Roadway problems
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Visibility issues
In addition, truck drivers can spend hours on the road, for days at a time and sometimes weeks on end. As a result, trucks and their drivers wear down, increasing the chances of a catastrophic accident on the road. If you or someone you love sustained an injury as the result of a commercial truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation. A trucking injury settlement will help you pay for medical bills, compensate for lost wages and give your family recompense for pain and suffering.
Firm handles all types of truck crash injury claims
Semi-trucks and other commercial vehicles strike other objects with tremendous force. If you’ve been struck by one of these vehicles, you might suffer physical harm that lasts for months, years or even a lifetime. As an accomplished injury attorney, Joseph Dedvukaj has the knowledge and skill to handle the most complex truck accident claims, including those where the plaintiff has suffered paralysis, permanent loss of function or a traumatic brain injury. Even if you’re dealing with broken bones, back pain, whiplash or another crash-related condition that can be expected to heal, medical costs can pile up very quickly. It’s important to take aggressive action to pursue the reimbursement you deserve.
Damages available in commercial vehicle collision cases
According to Michigan law, if you are a victim of a commercial truck accident, both the driver and the vehicle owner could be legally responsible for the damages you suffer. Experienced truck accident attorney Joseph Dedvukaj is a case evaluator for the Wayne County Mediation Tribunal and is well versed in the types of damages available to victims of crashes involving commercial vehicles. Compensation might be available for the following items:
- Excess medical expenses — In Michigan, the automobile driver selects the amount of medical coverage their no-fault insurance will pay if they are injured in a motor vehicle accident. If the victim’s no-fault medical coverage is inadequate or has been exhausted, the truck accident victim should be fully compensated for all past, present and future excess medical bills resulting from the injury.
- Lost wages — When a victim is unable to work due to truck accident injuries, the first three years of lost wages are covered by the victim’s insurance carrier up to the statutory maximum, However, lost income that is not paid by the policy can be recovered from the negligent truck driver.
- Pain and suffering — Though it might seem difficult to put a dollar amount on a victim’s physical pain, suffering and emotional injury, these damages are compensable under state law. A permanent disfigurement or constant pain can markedly reduce a victim’s ability to enjoy life. Accordingly, pain and suffering damages may be valued in the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Our firm can explain how a per diem segmental analysis might indicate how this amount would be calculated.
Respected injury attorney Joseph Dedvukaj is committed to holding negligent truck drivers accountable to the full extent of the law. Our firm’s goal is to relieve some of the burden associated with a truck accident so you can focus on your health and well-being. We serve clients throughout Michigan and can meet in your home or hospital room if you are unable to visit our office.
Contact an effective Michigan truck accident attorney to set up a free consultation
The Joseph Dedvukaj Firm, P.C. in Bloomfield Hills provides strong counsel for individuals who have been hurt in Michigan truck accidents. You can schedule a free consultation by calling 248-352-2110 or contacting us online.