Bloomfield Hills Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Battles for Crash Victims
Effective Michigan litigator seeks compensation for injured bikers
As a motorcycle rider, you find pleasure and a feeling of freedom riding in the open air. Unfortunately, a distracted, impaired or inattentive driver could put you in serious danger. On your bike, you don’t have the same type of protection that people in other vehicles have. Moreover, drivers sharing the road might be distracted or simply not be paying attention when traveling near motorcycles, which can lead to serious accidents and injuries. The Joseph Dedvukaj Firm, P.C. in Bloomfield Hills has been a tough advocate for injured Michigan motorcycle riders for more than 25 years. If you’ve been struck while riding, we’re here to help.
Factors frequently seen in serious motorcycle crashes
Sometimes, no matter how safely a motorcycle rider operates their bike, there are still many factors that can lead to accidents, including:
- Motorists who fail to see motorcycles — After many collisions between cars and motorcycles, the driver claims that they did not see the bike. This can be due to the motorcycle’s size and the fact that it is low to the ground. Sun glare or obstructions from other objects might also compromise a driver’s visibility.
- Intersections — Motorists who try to run a red light or make a turn without properly scanning traffic within an intersection frequently trigger crashes. Bikers face a particular danger when a driver quickly attempts to make a left turn because they are conditioned to look for larger vehicles when crossing the lane with oncoming traffic.
- Road hazards — In Michigan, State and local governments are responsible for keeping roadways in reasonable repair and free from hazards like potholes. Damaged surfaces and other road hazards, such as broken glass, crumbled asphalt and loose gravel have been known to cause severe motorcycle accidents.
- Driver inattention — With more potential driver distractions than ever before, inattention is a serious problem to everyone on the road, but the risk is heightened for bikers. Multitasking vehicle operators might trust their ability to focus on two things at once, but it’s much harder to see a motorcycle out of the corner of one’s eye.
- Erratic driving — Head-on collisions and other types of accidents can result when a car or truck fails to stay in its lane due to a driver’s impairment or some other reason. Even a skillful rider might not able to avoid a devastating impact.
As an accomplished injury lawyer, I know how to gather the necessary evidence to demonstrate how a motorcycle accident occurred. Should it be necessary to prove fault in order to maximize your verdict or settlement, my firm will develop a thorough case and bring on reconstruction experts and other authorities when needed.
Dedicated firm pursues financial relief when bikers are hurt
Whether you’ve suffered abrasions commonly known as “road rash” or permanent harm such as paralysis, you can rely on us to present detailed medical information to support your claim. We advocate for prompt resolutions that reimburse motorcycle accident victims for healthcare expenses, lost wages, bike repairs and other costs directly related to the accident. You can also recover payment to address the pain, suffering and mental anguish you experienced, along with any scars or disfigurement.
Michigan law on helmet use by motorcycle riders
Michigan motorcycle riders who are at least 21 can travel legally without a helmet if they maintain at least $20,000 in first-party medical benefits and have either passed an approved safety course or held a motorcycle endorsement on their driver’s license for two years or more. However, you should wear a helmet because statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that helmets reduce the risk of death and serious head injuries in the event of a crash by 29 percent. The motorcycle safety foundation offers free advice about helmet safety.
Contact a strong Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer for a free consultation
The Joseph Dedvukaj Firm, P.C. represents Michigan motorcycle accident victims in litigation and insurance claims. Please call 248-621-4873 or contact us online to make an appointment for a free consultation. Our office is located in Bloomfield Hills.